Professional estheticians are dedicated to providing their clients with customized whole-body solutions to enhance beauty and promote relaxation. Students enrolled in the Modern College Esthetics Program receive comprehensive theoretical and hands-on training that effectively prepares them for rewarding positions in the growing personal care industry.
Our Sudbury campus offers a condensed 32 week program that covers three training phases, gradually moving students from classroom learning to on-site practice in a real spa environment. With up-to-date skills and plenty of confidence, certified Modern College estheticians are ready for their first job immediately following graduation.
Sudbury Campus Esthetics Program Description
Modern College Esthetics students follow a 32-week training program that includes 1120 hours of theoretical and practical learning. Classes at the Sudbury campus run Monday through Friday on the following schedule:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Wednesdays: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Fridays: 9:00AM to 3:00 PM.
Students receive instruction on a full range of personal care techniques and best practices, including today’s most popular salon and spa services. The Sudbury Esthetics Program also prepares students for success by covering sales and marketing fundamentals as they apply to the salon and spa business. Courses cover the following subject areas:
- Artificial Nails, Manicure and Pedicure
- Waxing and Body Treatments
- Hot Stone Massage and Swedish Relaxation Massage
- Makeup for Daytime, Evening and Bridal, and Lash Tinting
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Professional Self-Presentation, Marketing, and Retail Skills
Esthetician Professional Role
Professionals in the field of esthetics have a flair for creativity, an eye for detail, and love helping others look and feel their best. The ideal candidate has a knack for precision, excellent communication skills, and is familiar with current industry trends and styles. Estheticians are responsible for performing a wide range of services and techniques. They work at salons, spas, on cruise ships, at resorts, and may even start their own business.
At Modern College’s Sudbury campus, esthetics students are prepared to fulfil the following professional responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients to assess the health and appearance of their skin
- Performing full manicures and pedicures
- Applying makeup for a range of occasions
- Advising clients on the best beauty products for their skin type
- Hair removal
- Performing skin treatments like facials, scrubs, peels and masks
- Performing relaxation massages
- Advising clients on correct makeup application techniques
Esthetician Projected Demand
Over the past several years, Canada has seen a substantial increase in demand for college-trained estheticians. We’re more focussed than ever on looking and feeling our best, and rely on certified salon professionals to provide the latest esthetics products and services. Estheticians in Sudbury earn an average of $30,000 per year, not including tips.