Estheticians are professionals who specialize in maintaining and improving the appearance and health of skin. Students enrolled in the Modern College Esthetics program in Barrie are provided with the theoretical knowledge and hands-on training that they will need to pursue a successful career in this growing industry.
The professionals at Modern College in Barrie use a special three pronged training approach to prepare students for the workforce. During the 32 week program, students gradually move from learning in-class theory to practicing their skills within a real spa setting. Once students have graduated from the Modern College Esthetics Program, they will have developed both the technical knowledge and confidence needed to secure their first position in salon or spa.
Barrie Campus Esthetics Program Outline
The Modern College Esthetics Program in Barrie is 32 weeks in length and consists of 1120 hours of training. Students are expected to attend classes daily and commit to the following schedule:
|Day of the Week||Class Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM to 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Friday||9:00AM to 3:00 PM|
During their time enrolled in the Modern College Esthetics Program in Barrie, students will develop a thorough understanding of various areas of esthetics. The 32-week program will shape students to become experts in the following subjects:
- Manicures, Artificial Nails and Pedicures
- Hair Removal Techniques and Body Treatments
- Massage Techniques; Hot Stone and Swedish Relaxation
- Daytime, Evening and Bridal Makeup
- Lash and Brow Tinting
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Professional Self-Presentation, Marketing, and Retail Skills
Estheticians are passionate about helping others look and feel great. They are naturally creative and detail-oriented and are always willing to learn about the latest trends and master new techniques. Excellent listening and communication skills, precision, patience and compassion are essential traits of the successful esthetician. Certified estheticians generally find work in spas and salons, both in their local community and on cruise ships, in hotels and at resorts. However, many Modern College Esthetics Program students have gone on to start their own businesses after graduation.
Once students have earned their Modern College Esthetics diploma, they are prepared to take on the following responsibilities:
- Performing manicures and pedicures
- Assessing the health of a client’s skin and recommending appropriate treatments
- Suggesting beauty products to clients based on their skin type and preferences
- Performing skin care services including scrubs, facials and masks
- Removing unwanted hair through a range of techniques and methods
- Applying makeup and cosmetics for various occasions
- Performing various types of massages, including Swedish relaxation and hot stone massage
- Advising clients on best practices for makeup application and skin care
Esthetician Projected Demand in Barrie
Canada has witnessed a significant increase in demand for certified estheticians over the past decade. Consumers are increasingly concerned with wellness and rely on estheticians to provide the product knowledge and services that will help them look and feel beautiful. Estheticians in Barrie generally earn an average annual salary of $30, 000, not including gratuities.