Hairstyling Program at Modern College
Course Length: 1 Year*
Next Class Starts April 2021
Do you love creating stylish and unique hair? Do you enjoy transforming a look with gorgeous hair styles, cuts and colours? If so, this program is for you!
Turn your passion into a career with us! Only few spots available and there is NO COST to apply.
What You Will Learn
You will acquire all the knowledge and hands-on experience you need to express your creativity through great styles and develop strong relationships with your future clients. You will learn practical skills first on a mannequin then you will be able to apply your learning on a live model.
Our program is very focused on hands-on training and includes both studio and salon experience, so that you can gain confidence in your skills and meet a diverse clientele.
- Professional Image: Makeup for self-application, style and image.
- Shampooing and Treatments: Scalp treatment and product knowledge.
- Long Hair: Braiding, extensions, up-do’s and avant-garde.
- Hair shaping: Cutting with shears, razors and clippers on both men and women.
- Hair coloring: Foiling, lightening and high lighting.
- Hair Texturizing: Using permanent wave solutions and various tools.
- Thermal styling and wet styling.
- Job search, competition, retail sales, wigs and hairpieces.
*Hours and Schedule
The length of the program is 1,600 hours in total at 40 hours per week.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:15am to 4:45pm
Wednesday from 8:15am to 6:00pm
Friday from 8:15am to 3:30pm
- OSSD, or GED or equivalent.
- Mature student test (waiver required).
- Post-graduation: after completion of our program, you are required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities to complete:
- 2,000 hours apprenticeship in a salon; and
- Ontario Certificate of Qualification Examination.
- It is free to apply! Simply fill out our contact form on this page to begin your registration process.
- We have financial aid options available to help you offset the tuition fees.
Don’t wait and register now to join our next class, spots are filling quickly!