||No supervisory duties
The Hairstyling instructor will be responsible for preparing teaching materials and to deliver demonstrations of the skills required, lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology. Instructors will also be responsible to mark and grade the work of the students and to assist with individualized tutoring or remedial instruction. Hairstyling instructors are also responsible for completing salon services and providing customer service when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students using a systematic plan that consists of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, interactive activities, independent and group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects and hands-on training
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision
- Complete salon services on the retail sector when required
- Assist with customer service at the front desk when required
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in your field
- Maintain student files
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress
- Answer phone and maintain professional standards when speaking to clients and students
College Diploma in Hairstyling required.
The successful candidate should have previous experience within a salon setting, and any teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Microsoft Office Suit
- Google Chrome
- Google Mail and Calendar
- Work with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicate with internal staff
- Deliver lectures
- Demonstrate Hairstyling skills
- Position location: Sudbury
- Work environment: Salon and classroom setting
- Hours of work: Up to 20 hours per week, operating on a flexible schedule
- Schedule of possible working hours;
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; 9:00am – 4:45pm
- Wednesday; 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday; 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion
The successful candidate can expect a wage of $15 – $17 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Hair Shaping
- Long Hair Styling
- Colour Services
- Colour Service- Advance
- Hair and Scalp Treatment
- Nail Care
- Body Treatments