Students enrolled in the Esthetics Program at Modern College in North Bay undergo three phases of comprehensive training designed to fully prepare them for professional success following graduation. During the first phase of our 32 week program, students will develop their theoretical understanding of esthetic principles, using a combination of in-class instruction and practice on classmates.
During the final two phases of training, student are gradually immersed into the spa setting, where they become familiar with the atmosphere and comfortable using industry-grade tools. By honing their skills in an authentic professional environment, Modern College esthetics graduates have the confidence needed to secure a rewarding salon or spa position.
North Bay Esthetics Program Hours
Students enrolled in the Esthetics Program at Modern College in North Bay will complete 1120 hours of training, which is evenly distributed across 32 weeks. Students attend classes for 35 hours a week, broken down into the following daily schedule:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Wednesdays: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Fridays: 9:00AM to 3:00 PM.
North Bay Esthetics Program Curriculum
Students enrolled in esthetician courses in North Bay can expect to develop a comprehensive theoretical and practical understanding of the following areas:
- Manicures, Pedicures and Artificial Nails
- Body Treatments and Waxing
- Swedish Relaxation Massage and Hot Stone Massage
- Makeup for Daytime, Evening and Bridal, and Lash Tinting
- Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Professional Self-Presentation, Retail and Marketing Skills
Esthetician Job Description
Estheticians specialize in skincare and whole-body beauty, and are responsible for ensuring their clients look and feel healthy and attractive. Esthetics training prepares candidates to secure employment in local salons and spas, on cruise ships, and with professional photographers. Many graduates go the entrepreneurial route and start their own businesses.
Esthetic professionals are friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with people. They possess excellent listening and communication skills and are always willing to expand their knowledge to keep up-to-date with new trends and techniques. They are compassionate and patient, and typically work well with their hands.
Certification in esthetics through Modern College prepares students to fulfill the following professional responsibilities:
- Cleaning, shaping and applying nail polish to a client’s fingernails and toenails
- Assessing the health and appearance of a client’s skin
- Advising clients on appropriate skin treatments
- Advising clients on beauty products according to their skin type and preferences
- Providing a wide range of skin care services, including facials, scrubs, peels, and masks
- Using various methods to remove unwanted facial hair
- Applying makeup and cosmetics
- Performing relaxation massages, including Swedish and hot stone massage
- Teaching clients about correct makeup application techniques and skin care regimens
Esthetician Projected Demand in North Bay
Due to the increasing demand for personal care services in Canada, there has been significant growth in the number of people employed as estheticians. Consumers are constantly seeking out new ways to look and feel their best, and rely on trained estheticians to help them achieve their personal care goals. The average yearly salary of a certified esthetician in North Bay is $30,000 (not including tips).